"Give yourself a gift of five minutes of contemplation in awe of everything you see around you. Go outside and turn your attention to the many miracles around you. This five-minute-a-day regimen of appreciation and gratitude will help you to focus your life in awe." -Wayne Dyer
It Is so important to have an attitude of gratitude to stay confident and to feel good about yourself. When you focus on the positives and what you have right now you start to remember how far you’ve come rather than how far you have to go. Yesterday I turned 31. I am a strong, smart and independent woman. I have always lived my life based on how I want it. It feels so good to be living more in the present.
I would say most of my 20s I was living more in the future. I don’t think I ever lived in the past which is great I only go back to the past when I am trying to learn from mistakes. Taking one day at a time should not only be lived or said to people who are grieving or going through something horrible. I think we should all remember to take one day at a time celebrate the life we have right now.
I’m not big on birthdays really because I do truly try to celebrate my life every day. There are people who have died so young that don’t even have the privilege of having something to complain about. That thought keeps me grounded whenever I feel heavy burdens. I have goals for my future, but I have learned that life happens and sometimes those goals change up really fast so just trying to enjoy the process and progress I make every day has truly impacted my life in such a positive way.
My new blog post is 31 things I am grateful for I encourage you to write something like this to read whenever you are going through tough times. I am very proud of myself and love myself deeply and I’m excited to continue my journey as far as I am blessed to be alive. Life is a gift 💝
1) I am alive and thank God for this privilege.
2) A growing relationship with God.
2) I want to live life.
3) Overcoming tough heartbreaks and setbacks. They also taught me so much.
4) I continue to remain positive and strong.
5) My families and friends love and support.
6) My Dad, I love him so much.
7) My brother I miss hanging out with him being away from home.
11) My grandmother's love and prayers.
6) My cat Litzy she's my BFF. Miss and love my other cat Peanut back home.
7) My physical health and learning yoga, stretching and meditation are amazing.
8) My mental health is strengthening.
8) Becoming self-aware of unhealthy patterns so that I can stop them.
9) A better relationship with my Mother.
10) Stronger relationships with certain family members.
14) I have set up my path to success no matter which path I choose.
15) An apartment with a 2 minutes’ walk from Lake Michigan. I love nature.
16) Friends and people who care for me.
17) My therapist, I talk to weekly at betterhelp.com
I happy I found this site.
19) The internet and social media give me a chance to have a voice and a platform for helping others.
20) To have a car in the city so I don't have to walk with groceries with a parking I don't have to fight for.
21) To eat healthy and quality foods.
22) Living in a wonderful city Chicago despite the horrid winters.
23) Forgiving those who have hurt me and took advantage of me.
24) Working on myself and learning what healthy relationships are with myself and others.
25) Trusting and forgiving myself so that I can move on loving myself unconditionally.
26) Making peace with my body. Is it 100%? No, but I look in the mirror with much more confidence.
27) Figuring out that I only needed myself to be happy.
28) Finding my passion which is helping others.
29) Laughing and being silly with my own company.
30) Music I love to dance and it helps me express what I am feeling and it helps release stress.
31) Being genuinely happy living my best life because I understand that tough times may arise, but I trust myself that I will make it through and be smart about every situation. Mistakes happen but that only means I am trying and taking risks.